Friday, September 5, 2008

HELP, GET HELP

If you can please plan to have help your first week home, have them stay at your house for being on call for 24 hours a day. As long as you know the help will not try to take over and take your baby away from you all the time, than ask for help. It is so nice to have an extra pair of hands around. They can cook for you, do dishes, clean and help you with baby stuff. It will relief a lot of stress from you, you can get in more naps than if you didn’t have help. Remember your husband is going to be just as tired, he stayed up all night with you at the hospital too. My mom stayed with me the first week and than my sister came the second week. It was so nice, my house was always clean and what ever I needed they helped me get, even just going to the store to get milk was great. My husband was working a lot at the time and it was nice to have other loved ones there to be there for me. It was so nice to be able to take a shower and not worry about if your baby is going to wake up crying. But even if you get live in help spend time alone with baby as well, it is important to bond with baby his first few days home.

No comments: