Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Having Family in the room

It is a hard decision for first time moms to make during delivery, how many people are allowed in the room? First time moms always feel they can do it alone and do not want anyone else in the room. Second time moms don’t care, they will let anyone in who wants to see. My option is to let family in not the men just the women, your mom, sister, or mother n law. It is completely up to you and the hospital how many people are allowed in the room while you deliver. But it is amazing how many people want to be there to see it all. With my first baby, I though no way is anyone going to be in here, I don’t want anyone to see me give birth. But my mom pushed her way in the room and I was so grateful. I really needed a women’s support that had been through it before. My mom knew all the questions to ask and she made sure that baby was doing well. Trust me you will be so tired that you won’t really know what is going on and to have someone who knows what needs to be done is really nice. She was a lot of help!! The second time around I asked my mom, sister and mother n law to be there. I felt that it was such an amazing process that I wanted everyone close to me there. I was so grateful to have all of them there my second delivery went really fast but I knew it made them feel special that they were there. If you are feeling up to it invite who your want the more support the better, plus it gets boring just staring at your husband.

No comments: